Rickshow Tour in Kathmandu: Introduction
Exploring the streets of Kathmandu on a rickshaw tour is a unique and enjoyable way to discover the city’s rich history, culture, and architecture. The Rickshow Tour takes you through the narrow and winding streets of the old city, allowing you to experience the traditional bazaars, temples, and local way of life. The tour is an ideal way to visit popular sights such as the Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Sanctuary, Garden of Dreams, and Thamel, a popular tourist area in the city.
A Kathmandu Rickshaw tour is a great alternative to hiring a taxi, car, or jeep as it is slower-paced and allows you to take in the sights and sounds of the city at a more leisurely pace. It is also more affordable, making it a popular choice for travelers. Additionally, taking a rickshaw tour is a great way to support local and poor rickshaw drivers.
After your rickshaw tour, you can extend your journey to explore the many adventure trekking destinations around Kathmandu such as Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking, Everest Base Camp Trek, and other popular trekking routes.
It’s worth noting that the Hanumandhoka Museum in Kathmandu Durbar square is open from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm every day except Tuesdays and Fridays it is open from 10:30 am to 2:00 pm.
How to Book Rickshaw Tour in Kathmandu?
- Booking a rickshaw tour in Kathmandu is easy and can be done in a few simple steps:
- Search for rickshaw tour operators in Kathmandu online or through a travel agency.
- Compare prices, itineraries, and reviews of different tour operators to find the best option for you.
- Contact the tour operator by phone or email to confirm availability, pricing, and any other details.
- Make a reservation by paying a deposit or the full amount in advance.
- Receive confirmation of your booking and any additional information such as meeting point and time from the tour operator.
- Show up on the day of the tour at the designated meeting point and enjoy your rickshaw tour.
Alternatively, you can also book a rickshaw tour by visiting the tour operator’s office in Kathmandu.
- Exploring the narrow streets and alleys of the old city of Kathmandu, including the traditional bazaars, temples, and local way of life.
- Visiting popular sights such as the Kathmandu Durbar Square, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the historic seat of the Nepalese monarchy.
- Discovering the Monkey Temple, also known as Swayambhunath, is one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Nepal.
- Visiting the Garden of Dreams, a beautiful garden filled with plants and flowers, and a popular spot for relaxation and recreation.
- Exploring Thamel, a popular tourist area in Kathmandu known for its restaurants, bars, and shops.
- Passing through the bustling bazaar of Asan, where you can see a wide variety of goods for sale, from traditional crafts to modern products.
- Supporting the local and poor rickshaw drivers by taking a rickshaw tour.
- Enjoying the unique and intimate experience of traveling through the city on a rickshaw, a popular local mode of transportation.
- Getting a chance to see Kathmandu’s architectural and cultural heritage.
- Having the opportunity to take in the sights, sounds, and smells of the city in a relaxed and leisurely way.
Rickshaw Tour in Kathmandu Itinerary:
- 8:00 am: Meet at the designated meeting point for the tour
- 8:30 am: Start the tour by visiting the Kathmandu Durbar Square, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and historic seat of the Nepalese monarchy
- 10:00 am: Continue to the Monkey Temple, also known as Swayambhunath, one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Nepal
- 11:30 am: Visit the Garden of Dreams, a beautiful garden filled with plants and flowers, and a popular spot for relaxation and recreation
- 12:30 pm: Lunch break (not included in the tour)
- 1:30 pm: Explore Thamel, a popular tourist area in Kathmandu known for its restaurants, bars, and shops
- 2:30 pm: Pass through the bustling bazaar of Asan, where you can see a wide variety of goods for sale, from traditional crafts to modern products
- 4:00 pm: Return to the meeting point and end of the tour
Note: The itinerary is a sample itinerary and may vary depending on the tour operator.
What is included
- Transportation to and from the designated meeting point
- Services of a knowledgeable and experienced tour guide
- Rickshaw ride through the streets of Kathmandu, visiting popular sights such as the Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Temple,
- Garden of Dreams, and Thamel
- Entrance fees to the sights are included in the tour
- All taxes and service charges
- 24/7 customer support
- Safety and hygiene measures
- Customizable tour options
- All necessary permits
What is not included
- International airfare to and from Nepal
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as drinks and souvenirs
- Tips for guides and staff
- Any other activities or services not mentioned in the included services
- Any meals that are not included in the package
- Any expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays or cancellations
- Any transportation or accommodation outside of the tour package
- Any other expenses not explicitly mentioned in the package
- Any other services not mentioned in the package
A private departures on any day all around the year can be arranged for this trek/tour, for more details and dates
OPENED: This date is available and open for bookings.
LIMITED: There are very limited number of available places on this departure. Immediate booking.
GUARANTEED: We have reached minimum numbers and this trip is guaranteed to depart.
CLOSED: This date is currently unavailable. Please contact us, if you are interested in travelling on this date.
Your Program Duration =
All the Prices are in GBP (£) Per Person.
What is a rickshaw tour in Kathmandu?
A rickshaw tour in Kathmandu is a unique way to explore the city’s streets, culture, and history by riding on a traditional rickshaw.
How much does a rickshaw tour in Kathmandu cost?
The cost of a rickshaw tour in Kathmandu varies depending on the tour operator and the length of the tour. It’s best to compare prices from different tour operators and check if the price includes all the services.
What are the best places to visit on a rickshaw tour in Kathmandu?
Some popular places to visit on a rickshaw tour in Kathmandu include the Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Temple, Garden of Dreams, Thamel, and the traditional bazaars and temples of the old city.
How long does a rickshaw tour in Kathmandu last?
The length of a rickshaw tour in Kathmandu varies depending on the tour operator and the itinerary. It can last anywhere from a few hours to a full day.
Can I customize my rickshaw tour in Kathmandu?
Some tour operators may offer the option to customize your rickshaw tour in Kathmandu, but it’s best to check with the tour operator in advance.
Is it safe to take a rickshaw tour in Kathmandu?Rickshaw tours in Kathmandu are generally safe, but it’s always a good idea to take precautions and be aware of your surroundings.